Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Does hitting bottom make you Love life.

Quote Reply
Does hitting bottom make you Love life.
There were times in life, where I would really feel alive. This would be maybe once in a month or once every year. Now I really think I feel this everyday, everyone I meet I make it worthwhile to really know them. I enjoy everything life has to offer me even downfalls and loss. To better understand this I had to go through an unfortunate accident, 2 years of prison, and a fighting bout of cancer, I am almost finished with my third round of chemotherapy. I am still young and lived a life full, some people I have met are astonished by what I have gone through. I am alive and ready for new experiences, although lets hope they are better than the experiences I have already had. Has anyone really gone through a troubling life and really think life is amazing.

Last edited by:

3times: Nov 5, 2002, 4:03 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [3times] Does hitting bottom make you Love life. In reply to
No offence but that seems a very strange first posting for a new member.

I'm probably way too cynical (and my apologies for saying so) but it sounds like you are about to follow up with:

"If you want to love life like I do, please visit www.lovelife.com and signup for $19.95"

In answer to your question, when life is troubling I don't see how you can find it amazing. I'm scared that when I die I'll still feel as crap as I do now. I have a real feel of being burned alive for eternity in hell. Who knows what happens when you die.

Last edited by:

Paul: Nov 5, 2002, 4:26 PM
Quote Reply
Hello 3times,

Hitting bottom in financial or physical terms does have a WOW effect.

You find you are alive and not a number.

A piece of bread seems like a luxury.

Coffee has a new taste.

A pencil and paper hold excitement. New ideas spring.

Have fun.

Thanks for reminding me that humans are not all in a square mold.

cornball
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Does hitting bottom make you Love life. In reply to
No Paul, I have nothing to sell, I was opening up a conversation with whomever may have gone through troubling times. Yes you do seem a bit too cynical, maybe you should try to be cautiously optimistic and share a bit. Sometimes it is a bit tough to find others who may have been through so much in life. When so much negative has happened to you and you are seeing that the end of your life could be near, you come to a sort of calm. Realizing that whatever you have left you better cherish and once you get there just make the best of what you have left. Its amazing that life is so fragile, so just stop to smell the roses everynow and then.
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] Does hitting bottom make you Love life. In reply to
Something as simple as a sliver of sunlight coming in the window can be something to look forward too. I was in a cell for 4 months and a little bit of light would come through around 4pm each day in March. We weren't sure it was 4 exactly, but we guessed. Each day we would mark the spot where the sun hit the wall. It would move each day but it was something to look forward too. I would put my face in the sunlight and feel the warmth, I felt alive and then it would fade. Till the next day I would wait till the sun came. It is the little things that make life amazing during the craze of the 8 to 5 box of conformity.
Quote Reply
Hello 3times,

Will this past experience take you forward or will it keep you where you are ?

See Ya

cornball
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] Does hitting bottom make you Love life. In reply to
That experience was very overwhelming at the time, I had to have extreme patience, and if I didn't have patience I would learn it. I actually hated going through those 2 years but I learned so much about myself and about others. Everything I learned and experienced made me who I am today, I think I am stronger than I have ever been, and more confident. Not a day will go by without me thinking about those days, but I leave that in my past, and relate to it with my everyday life. So this experience makes me live better everyday, and press on to accomplish as much as I can. Thank you for your response.
Quote Reply
wow!
If you've turned your life around ... I can really respect that.

I've got friends who've done time and it never bothered me since they like you have made a change in their lives!

@ bad experience
yep, married my wife.
My rays of light are my daughter Angelic she's my angel Angelic

ewww, parents are so icky ... sorry Smile

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Does hitting bottom make you Love life. In reply to
As with having a child, hitting bottom does indeed cause a very real chemical reaction in the body. Parents just can't help it!
Quote Reply
Re: [joematt] Does hitting bottom make you Love life. In reply to
Quote:
hitting bottom does indeed cause a very real chemical reaction in the body.

Tell me about it. I'm taking Cipramil at the moment.

http://home.intekom.com/...ndbeck/cipramil.html