Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Anyone wanna help?

(Page 2 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
Ok....this thread got quite off topic Frown

I've finally managed to get my copy of Links SQL installed and on my site. I have added all of the PHP and Perl categories, and a few links. However, adding another 1,000 or so will be quite long winded. If you are interested in helping me, please PM me. BTW: there could be some advertising for your site in return for this Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
I'll help Andy.

(for $100/hr)
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
Lol.. $100 per hour? I'll get my little brother to do it for like £10 Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
No offence but I think you are going to have to offer more than the possibility of a bit of advertising to get someone to help you add 1000 links to your directory.

Maybe a kind person will come to your aid.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 15, 2001, 8:16 AM
Quote Reply
I'm not asking one person to add all 1000 links. maybe 100. I was just stating that I was trying to get the database up to 1000 links Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Be different...focus on quaility links/resources that are well-described, then focusing on quantity of resources.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Chewbaca] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
I absolutely second Eliot's comment. Visitors do not care so much about the number of links in your database, but they do care about quality and user-friendliness (navigability, legibility etc). I'm also in the process of cleaning up my database which is a lot of work. Your visitors will honour it. Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho.mas] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
>>Visitors do not care so much about the number of links in your database, but they do care about quality <<

Thats why I dislike Google a great deal. Most of the links are crappy junk.
Quote Reply
Hm, actually I think that Google's links are pretty search-relevant, it seems that literally nothing escapes from their merciless spider. Wink
Quote Reply
Google's the best for search accuracy IMO.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho.mas] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
>>literally nothing escapes from their merciless spider<<

Thats the problem. There are tons of links that just have javascript code as their description etc..or some other useless info dragged from the source.

Last edited by:

PaulW: Nov 16, 2001, 5:20 AM
> >