Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Anyone wanna help?

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
Anyone wanna help?
Just seeing if anyone is interested in helping me build my script directory at my site (http://www.ace-installer.com/...al/html/download.php). Im adding the categories now, but I really need someone to help me build up the database. Maybe just a few links a day Unsure. I would be happy to place a link to you on my site, under the 'Cool Sites' section. I get approx 50,000 hits a day, so it would be a good bit of advertising on your side Wink

Anyone interested? Please email me at webmaster@ace-installer.com.

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
Quote:
I get approx 50,000 hits a day

To ace-installer.com?

Are you sure? lol
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
Ooopd...meant to say month Blush

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Phew I was getting worried then Tongue
Quote Reply
Tut, tut.....a moderator/veteran using a directory management script other than Links2/Links SQL

Ban AndyNewby I cry!! j/k

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 27, 2001, 9:40 AM
Quote Reply
Lol....50k a day, 1.5k a day, whats the difference? Tongue LMAO!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote:
Tut, tut.....a moderator/veteran using a directory management script other than Links2/Links SQL

Lol...I used to use Links 2 (cant afford links SQL Frown). However, I found PHP Nuke, and it already had this feature in it, so i thought, hell, I'll use it Laugh

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I see perl is kickin' ass on your poll
Quote Reply
Yeah. I thought that to. I'm playing with PHP at the moment as it looks quite cool. A while ago I wouldnt touch it! Although, I have to say there is a lot more tutorial on PHP than I ever found for Perl (decent ones that it Wink). DevShed.com is great!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
pardon the french but nuke is screwed ...

go with one of the following ... much better coding and less bugs to deal with unless you want to learn php by debuging Nuke Tongue

postnuke -- a fork by most of the major hackers of nuke
thatware -- the original stump which nuke forked from
phpwebsite -- another fork but mostly rewritten to clear out nuke troubles.
geeklog -- not sure of the history but is like the rest

postnuke and phpwebsite have the most work going on with their scripts ... problem is that phpwebsite ugrades like every other day ... well not that bad but it sure seems like it.

Why a nuke system ??? the BBS supported by nuke is mostly likly phpBB -- albiet a security issue problem on the version they were using when I last checked. postnuke uses a later version which should be safer ... hopefully.

haha .... phpwizard.net the folks who make phpMyAdmin now use nuke .... errr I think I'm gonna stick with fileman ...

ALEX :::

when is the community plugin coming out ??? getting pre-Xmas cravings!!!

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
This is getting a bit off topic. I dont really care too much about the securipty of PHP Nuke. I am using it simply as an interface with the site. I dont want it really for anything else. If I ever get good enough i may write a similar script myself Tongue

So, can we please get back to the real meaning of this thread. Anyone wanna help? Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I'm a little confused. If you get 1,500 hits per day, then why are you begging for people to add resources. Doesn't make sense Tongue
Quote Reply
Yeah, but most of those people visiting are looking for the directory or my services/scripts. They are not there to add resources Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Many people who visit script resource sites are often those wanting to submit their own.
Quote Reply
I'm using post-nuke on my website and love it. It's a great fork of PHP-Nuke.
QooQ, post-nuke is becoming more modular and many hacking are starting to write more forum modules...about two or three weeks ago XMB was ported to post-nuke, although I'm not a big fan of XMB.

Later,
Paul
http://www.fullmoonshining.com for Pearl Jam Fans
Quote Reply
Maybe that is true, I did have about 15-20 submitted on my Links 2 script directory, but now I am starting again I need to beef it out a bit to get it all started.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Thats why you should use Links2/SQL so you could import lots of nice perl/php links from dmoz :)
Quote Reply
Yeah, but I still like to have some kind of control over what I have in the directory Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
I too would recommend postnuke or phpwebsite. From my research, phpnuke was buggy.

I would think security should be and is an issue with phpnuke. There seems to be a little cottage industry involved in hacking phpnuke sites.

When someone hacks you site and turns it into an adult site, your 1500 views per day might drop a little.

Anyhow, I really like what you can do with a CMS like postnuke or phpwebsite out of the box. I am in the process of working on a postnuke site. I'll have to take some time and finish it up instead of hanging around here Wink

--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
In Reply To:
When someone hacks you site and turns it into an adult site, your 1500 views per day might drop a little.
Drop? You mean sky rocket? lol Tongue

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Anyone wanna help? In reply to
IMO I prefer looking at the real thing or at a magazine ... why net pictures that you have to wait to download ... Tongue

I remember nuke when it was just getting popular ... and followed through at lot of the forks .. I'M WAIING for the community plugin from GT instead !!!! Sorry folks just that I hope a GT solution will prove more useful to me than a full out system aong /. lines ....

yeah, yeah, I read the announcement by Alex but that jsut got me more impatient!!!

well ... I hope that we all find a solution that makes you/me happy !!!

Quote Reply
Quote:
IMO I prefer looking at the real thing or at a magazine ... why net pictures that you have to wait to download ...

Now we see the real QooQ. I don't look at either :)
Quote Reply
Quote:
I don't look at either :)

eh? hmmm .... not the real thing or magazines ... hmmm, so you looking at pictures on the net I take it! errr ... scratch that ... must be videos Angelic

just wait till you get married! You'll know what I'm taking about then ! By then you'll wish that the real thing would shut up once in a while. Program and speed hours on the computer now while you still have a chance !

hehe, I'm sure Nostradamus has such a prediction written somewhere!

Quote Reply
Quote:
eh? hmmm .... not the real thing or magazines ... hmmm, so you looking at pictures on the net I take it!

"neither" meaning pictures nor magazines ;)

I'm a babe magnet. *cough* tihsllub *cough*

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 28, 2001, 6:43 AM
Quote Reply
Sly that's funny !!

> >