Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A war against Iraq 2

Quote Reply
A war against Iraq 2
Seems that the USA vs Iraq is taking on a broader scope.

The USA is increasing troops [ they would have done at some point, to let the initial troops rest ]

If George Bush is to be understood then the USA will not give up untill the Iraq Goverment gives up

all military action and accepts unconditional surrender. Then the bombs will stop and people may not die.

Sweden [ historically ] or some other trusted state should be asked to talk to both parties and broker an

end to the war, if not the US and British intervention will only cause more deaths on both sides.

The UN is lost here.

I will live and work as usual and many of you will do the same in the rest of the world , but people in the region

of Iraq will not. And tomorrow there will be less people in Iraq due to bombing and general warefare.

They will not see CNN or BBC or CBC or other news reports of their deaths.

There are not 500 embeded reporters with the people of Iraq reporting on their daily routines.

War is started by the leaders and fought by the people, only the people die by the herd before the leaders die by the one.

I am sure if the people met the people they were to kill they would be happier if it was a game of soccer vs war

where the winner was a best of three and all went home walking on two legs.

Is there a Nation that can intercede in this war ? Or is there just more war ?

Oh by the way the country that starts this has to deal with George and Saddam and a solution, difficult level +9 / 10.
Quote Reply
Re: [cornball] A war against Iraq 2 In reply to
I felt sorry as you'd had no replies so I decided to reply >:-)

Quote:
If George Bush is to be understood then the USA will not give up untill the Iraq Goverment gives up

all military action and accepts unconditional surrender. Then the bombs will stop and people may not die.

Regarding George Bush, then yes, I guess he wants surrender or defeat, as for people not dying, they are constantly being killed by Saddam's regime, so the withdrawal of the troops will likely result in more deaths when the regime reforms and starts torturing people again.

Quote:
Sweden [ historically ] or some other trusted state should be asked to talk to both parties and broker an end to the war

Hmm that's like asking a three legged deer to break up a fight between a pride of lions.

Quote:
I will live and work as usual and many of you will do the same in the rest of the world , but people in the region of Iraq will not.

From the tv coverage, they seem to be doing pretty well. Or they were doing until a few hours ago when they lost power and water.

Quote:
And tomorrow there will be less people in Iraq due to bombing and general warefare.

...and Saddam's death squads and soldiers bombing their own people.

Quote:
They will not see CNN or BBC or CBC or other news reports of their deaths.

They aren't stupid, they know people are dying and they are receiving broadcasts from the US.

Quote:
I am sure if the people met the people they were to kill they would be happier if it was a game of soccer vs war where the winner was a best of three and all went home walking on two legs.

Nice idea, let's arrange it.

Quote:
Is there a Nation that can intercede in this war ? Or is there just more war ?

Syria are interceding. They are doing a great job of sending over suicide bombers and equipment.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 4, 2003, 3:48 AM