Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

9yo boy kidnapped in So Calif.

Quote Reply
9yo boy kidnapped in So Calif.
I just heard on the news a 9 yr old boy was kidnapped at gun point in So Calif, after they beat up his father. How awful.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian] 9yo boy kidnapped in So Calif. In reply to
There was a Manchester United football match on last night which I watched on tv, their stadium is just down the road from here, on the news today a man had gone back to his car after the game and a gang of men tried to car-jack his car and ran him over and killed him.

There are lots of freaks around.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 28, 2002, 12:24 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] 9yo boy kidnapped in So Calif. In reply to
We live in a sick world. And it seems tv (news) crews are the ones who cash in on these tragedies.

http://www.iuni.com/...tware/web/index.html
Links Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [] 9yo boy kidnapped in So Calif. In reply to
As an aside to any and all, don't base your interpretation (if you do) of current events in terms of trends on the basis of anecdotal news stories by media outlets like CNN. They peddle new stories to sell soap, and release items that will produce the greatest rating share. Child abductions and murders are really hot now, and drives viewership and readership up. Recent US criminal justice stats show no significant trends in child abductions, despite the surgence in such news stories. A child is, by several orders of magnitude, more likely to struck by a car when crossing the street. But it is a sick world. Always has been, and always will be. The only difference now is that we play with bigger and more dangerous 'toys'. Toys (weapons and non-weapons) often with global reach, capable of decimating mankind and much of the environment. This is what scares me, as it is a real escalating trend and one that seriously threatens all children.

----
Cheers,

Dan
Founder and CEO

LionsGate Creative
GoodPassRobot
Magelln
Quote Reply
Re: [dan] 9yo boy kidnapped in So Calif. In reply to
The two girls recently murdered in the UK ordered the media to leave them and their village alone (after they'd "used" the media to publicize the murders to gain evidence etc), and they did :)

The murders are tragic but I still felt a bit annoyed that the families involved simply used the media to their advantage and then told them to sling their hook.