Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

tar extract problem

Quote Reply
tar extract problem
First off let me just say that this is an outstanding piece of software. I'm so glad I found it.

I've installed fileman(single user) on an IIS5 server running ActiveState, and all functions appear to be operating fine, spare tar extraction. I can create tar.gz files, download and extract them fine locally. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly. I tar up a few files, and then click on the created tar.gz file. That shows me a list of the files that tar'd up. I then click on the "Go" button at the bottom. Everything seems to work correctly, there are no error messages. If I tar up a large directory I even see the progress bar move at the bottom. However, when I look to where the extracted files should be there not there. I've tried entering paths into the "Uncompress to:" box (like . , ./ , / , /mydirname , /mydirname/ ). I can't get the files to extract at all.

I do have one other feature that doesn't work, the "Command" shell. No matter what I enter, I get "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process." I don't really care about this one, but I thought I'd throw it in here in case it would provide any insight to the tar problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dave

P.S. It just occured to me that the "File exists" problem (that i just posted a reply on here, http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum.cgi?post=225105 ) may have something to do with this (although I have been able to create directories using fileman).
Quote Reply
Re: [DaveL] tar extract problem In reply to
Well, I fixed this myself. Turns out I was correct in my suspicion about the recursive mkdir causing the tar extraction problem. The _recursive_mkdir function is used for directory creation during the untar operation. I applied the same fix that I used for install.cgi, and it works now. The reason that I did not see an error, despite the GT Tar package returning an error, is that it is not checked upon completion.