Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Understanding Fileman paths on the hosted version of Gossamer LInks

Quote Reply
Understanding Fileman paths on the hosted version of Gossamer LInks
w00t
We are new to Gossamer Links;
I am trying to understand where to upload our logo and how to specify this "relative path" location in order for it to appear!

I have been successful at making some other modifications to luna.css however I cannot seem to get the path correct to display our logo.

I think this is because I am not understanding how the directory tree in fileman relates to the hosted path for our website!

the path location for the logo in the luna.css file is url(image/logo.gif)
I uploaded our file to the root:\GT\Image folder and this does not pick up our log

Can anyone tell me how to correct the relative path and/or where to upload our logo in order to get it to appear?

thanks
Joyce
Quote Reply
Re: [Joyce&Thad] Understanding Fileman paths on the hosted version of Gossamer LInks In reply to
Hi,

Its hard to know, as we can't see your settings :) The fileman base path is set in Setup > Paths & URLs, fileman_root_dir. If its empty, then you should be at the root - otherwise it'll be whereever the path shows

However, you surely have FTP access, even with the Hosted version? I'd suggest contacting Gossamer, and asking them about this - as editing a site via Fileman is REALLY slow, compared to doing it directly in FTP Whistle

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!