Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

CGI execution

Quote Reply
CGI execution
Hi

I don't know much about cgi at all, so please help with this.

I can't get the webserver to show my cgi files, i have installed fileman from a dos window so I guess perl is installed as it should be, but in explorer the cgi windows just times out like it can't figure out how to translate the cgi file.

I'm hosting a win2k adv. server with IIS 5 and have installed activeperl in the folder c:\perl

The webpages is located in the folder c:\webpages\

I have placed Fileman in the folder c:\webpages\fileman\

I have set up cgi files to use c:\perl\bin\perl.exe in IIS

My config is as follows:

'Root Path' => 'C:/webpages',
'CGI Path' => 'C:/webpages/fileman',
'Private Path' => 'C:/webpages/fileman/private',
'Images URL' => 'http://www.domainname.com/fileman/images',
'GT_ADMIN_PATH' => 'c:\webpages\\',
'Path to Perl' => 'C:/perl/bin/perl.exe',
'CGI URL' => 'http://www.domainname.com/fileman',
'Images Path' => 'C:/webpages/fileman/images',
Quote Reply
Lacking support In reply to
Hi

Does anybody know of a program similar to fileman but made by a company where they will answer your questions about their programs?
Quote Reply
Re: [LarsHansen] Lacking support In reply to
Not a half decent program Wink GT do answer your questions. Have you tried emailing sales@gossamer-threads.com or support@gossamer-threads.com ?

GT very rarely visit the forum (with the exception of Alex, who is away on his honeymoon, Aki, and Jack), which is why there is such a great 'help' atmosphere with everyone at the forums Wink

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [LarsHansen] Lacking support In reply to
Your question seems to be more about how to setup a windows server with perl rather than a question specific to Fileman.