Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

IDEA! GREAT IDEA!

Quote Reply
IDEA! GREAT IDEA!
Links is always on my mind!
Tonight while I've dreamt of a new mod wich could make life easier for anyone willing to give some pro features to this program.
Listen!
Could it be possible to create something (let's say another cgi) that automatically send everyday the newsletter to all the subscribers?
This could be great!
IS THIS POSSIBLE?
WOULD IT BE NICE?
Cristina

Quote Reply
Re: IDEA! GREAT IDEA! In reply to
Check the resources section for a mod called send newsletter per cronjob. The mod originated in this thread:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...ew=&sb=&vc=1

Floristan

Quote Reply
I'd advise against sending newsletters every day. If a site of any kind did that to me without me specifically asking for it I would stop using their services and block all incoming mail from them.

Once a week is more than enough - once a month is preferable.

It's not that easy writing a newsletter that often anyway. I think something along the lines of "2 sites were added today" would get old very quickly.

It's a nice idea though, as long as it is separate to the normal email routine for informing site owners of changes to their listing and is applied for separately.

Ever signed up for anything from Xoom? Shocked

Quote Reply
Someone has had my same dream!
Thanks Floristan
Cristina

Quote Reply
Yes, you're right but I'll like to let my subscribers know the new sites that have been posted in to my portal once in a week!
Thanks for your opinion!!!
Cristina