Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Help Please!!!

Quote Reply
Help Please!!!
My problem is difficult to explain, but I have made a sreen shot of it this time to make it easier. You can find the screen shot at http://www.madtvcentral.com/images/help.gif, the picture is in black and white to make it faster loading.

What I am trying to do is add a link to a directory that has a very long name (Arts_&_Entertainment/Actors_&_Actresses/Anholt,_Christien). I have to, of course, select which directorty I want to add the link to from the drop-down menu. The problem is that the name of the directory is so long that Links puts one part of the directory on one line in the drop down menu (Arts_&_Entertainment/Actors_&_Actresses/Anholt,) and the other half on another line (_Christien). If I select te top line Links will put the link into a directory called Arts_&_Entertainment/Actors_&_Actresses/Anholt, which does not exist and if I select the second line Links puts the link into a category named _Christien which also does not exist!

This is very annoying and I can't find help anywhere! I would apprecaite any help on this matter!
Quote Reply
Re: Need Help In reply to
I did not understand you ^_^
ok, my question is, are you trying to add a link to a directory that does not exist????
or did you create that directory first???
If you're newbie to this, each time you add a category, you HAVE to rebuild your links database to see the changes.
Please be more especific so I can help you ^_^

Hiryuu Manga Network: El Portal Otaku en tu idioma.
http://www.hiryuu.com
Quote Reply
Re: Help Please!!! In reply to
Your category should not contain a ,

(Arts_&_Entertainment/Actors_&_Actresses/Anholt,_Christien)

...should be like this...

(Arts_&_Entertainment/Actors_&_Actresses/Anholt_Christien)

Paul Wilson. Shocked
(Dont blame me if I'm wrong!)
Quote Reply
You're right! That did it!

Is there no way that I can include commas in my categories? I followed the instructions in previous posts for including them, but it seems they were causing my problem. Is there any way that I can have them without them causing problems??

Quote Reply
Ive never used commas myself in category names so I dont know how you would do it.

Are they really necessary?

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
Yes, the commas are necessary. I will be posting names (like Enstein, Albert). But if there is no solution I suppose I'll have to find a way to deal without commas.

Anyone know a solution???

BTW, Thanks, Paul, for your help so far!!

Quote Reply
When you say youll be posting names like Albert, Einstein...are you talking about adding links?

If so, link names CAN contain commas.

Paul Wilson. Shocked
Quote Reply
No, the categories will have commas.

Quote Reply
Greetings - is there not a mod that allows one to use special charcters in links.. Check the Resource Centre.

New Zealand Christian Internet Directory
Quote Reply
I have tried this mod, but it didn't work for me. Thanks for the suggestion, though!