Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

RECIP link checkin

(Page 4 of 4)
> >
Quote Reply
Re: [asmith] RECIP Link Mod THAT WORKS! In reply to
Hello All

I have just installed this mod and it works fine. PerlFlunkie posted the fix for the error when running the script.

Also the post above this has the link to the full mod.

If you need help I will help you becuase I had every error that people are asking about and fixed them all.

Also I am pretty sure that the page that gets generated for the return links will be blank except for this
Reciprical Link Report
Monday, June 21 2004 - 19:43:12 and two buttons delete and reset.

I think it is because all of the recip links work. To test this delete a return link on a page you own and then run the script and see if it shows up on the list. I do believe an empty list is a good list.

Quote Reply
Might want to update the spelling from reciprical to the correct spelling of reciprocal. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: [delay] RECIP link checkin In reply to
In the Links2 modification area at Gossamer Threads, Delay has the only reciprocal link checker entry on page 3 of Links 2.0 mods and he points to:

http://www.uv-ray.com/recip_mod/

The mod may work out, BUT he refers to a "recip.html" page that is NOT documented in his mod.

What the heck is this "recip.html" page? What is supposed to create it?

Any help would be appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Professional Search Engine Marketing by Position Concepts Professional Consulting in SEM, SEO and PPC.
Quote Reply
Re: [poscon] RECIP link checkin In reply to
Okay, finally got that one figured out, but am TOTALLY stuck with and empty reciprocal link checker report????????
-----------------------------------------------------------
Professional Search Engine Marketing by Position Concepts Professional Consulting in SEM, SEO and PPC.
Quote Reply
Re: [bytor] RECIP Link Mod THAT WORKS! In reply to
What is this Recip Link mod do? I am trying to find a way to check if other sites are linking to me after adding to my site, however when I installed Recip Link mod., it didn't work. I followed all the instructions and all I get is a screen that says, "Reciprocal Link Report" with a delete and reset button. When adding the link, I input the reciprocal link in the text box, but it doesn't show in the report. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Keith
Quote Reply
What is this Recip Link mod do? I am trying to find a way to check if other sites are linking to me after adding to my site, however when I installed Recip Link mod., it didn't work. I followed all the instructions and all I get is a screen that says, "Reciprocal Link Report" with a delete and reset button. When adding the link, I input the reciprocal link in the text box, but it doesn't show in the report. Can you please help?

Thanks,
Keith
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] RECIP link In reply to
Hi!
Would it be possible for someone to post the absolute, 100% final and correct Linkcheker MOD?
There are so many corrections and threads it is very hard to follow. (especially for a dislexic LOL)
Thankyou in advance!!!
Greatly appreciated! Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [MistressR] RECIP link In reply to
Give this a shot...

Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/perl

use HTML::TokeParser;
use LWP::Simple qw(!head);
use CGI;

my $path = '/full/path/to/database/dir';
my $site = 'http://www.domain.com'; #base URL that MUST be matched
$site = quotemeta($site);

my $IN = new CGI;

$IN->header("text/html");

open (IN, $path . "/links.db");
open (OUT, ">" . $path . "/recip.db");
while (<IN>)
{
next if /^#/;
next if /^\s*$/;

my ($id, $title, $url, @junk) = split /\|/;

my $file = get($url);
my $f = 0;

if ($file)
{
my $p = HTML::TokeParser->new(\$file);

while (my $link = $p->get_token("a"))
{
if ($link->[0]{href} =~ /^$site/i)
{
$f++;
last;
}
}

print OUT "$id|$url|$f\n";
print "$id: " . ($f ? "found" : "not found") . "\n";
}
else
{
print OUT "$id|$url|dead\n";
print "$id: dead\n";
}
}
close OUT;
close IN;

I *highly* recommend you backup links.db before running the script. You *should* also run this from ssh/telnet.

Haven't tested the script (sorry, I haven't used Links 2.0 in a VERY long time) but it looks like it should run okay.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
> >