Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Beginner needs help

Quote Reply
Beginner needs help
Hello,

I have fully set up Links 2.0 and I now want to change the look of my directory. How do I do this?? I undrestand that there are templates which I can work with, but when I search templates in this forum there are a lot of threads, but none that really help very much (at least in the first 5 pages).

If you have a better search term I could use to find some posts that would help me change the look of my directory, or if you have a link to a post I'd really appreciate it!!

(Or you can, of course, respond and tell me what to do!)

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Beginner needs help In reply to
There should be some .html files that came with Links. There located in the Templates directory. Look for:
home.html (this file is used to customize the look of your main (categories) page.
category.html (this file is used to customize the look of your category pages)
link.html (this file is used to customize the look of displaying your links)
add.html (this file is used to customize the look of your add a link page)
...new.html, cool.html, etc....I'm not sure how may more there are, but you get the idea. Anyway, all you need to do is create your html pages and insert the appropriate < % tags % > within these html pages...for now, you could just look at each of those files and see what tags are currently used. That's about it.

Quote Reply
Thatnks, Demonic! That was very helpfull! I'll post here again if I need any help.

Thanks again Smile

Quote Reply
Greetings!

In the Resource Center there is an area for templates. In there you will find different templates that have been made for Links. Or you can alter the ones that came with links as described above.

Hope that helps.

New Zealand Christian Internet Directory