Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Version 1.x :

Dazed & Confused

Quote Reply
Dazed & Confused
I recently took on a job of modifying a website for a company that uses Links SQL 1.11. I set them up with a MySQL database for their site on a remote server, with their own user/pass. I got a .zip file with their current site content as well as the Links SQL cgi/pm files. I read the readme file about 20 times, and ran the setup.cgi file 3 times. It creates the database tables and info as needed without a hitch. However, once I chmod 755 the cgi files, and chmod 777 the appropriate dir's and other files, I get "premature end of script headers" if I try to run the admin.cgi from the web. If I run "perl admin.cgi ID=10" from the command line, I get plain HTML, but the web gives me errors. I'm using RH Linux, with Perl 5.005-03. The modules currently installed for Links SQL are: DBI-1.20, DBD-mysql-2.0902 and zlib-1.1.3
Any help would be greatly appreciated, as the customer is very anxious to get this working.
Quote Reply
Re: Dazed & Confused In reply to
Triple check all variable configurations in the Links.pm file.

To make your life a lot easier...you should consider upgrading to LINKS SQL v.2.X.

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Hi,

I usually get the error "premature end of script headers" if I upload the cgi files in binary mode of the ftp-programm.

alexander

Quote Reply
Thanks for the replies, I actually found the solution was in adding '-w' to the first line of some of the cgi scripts... ie: #! /usr/bin/perl -w

I usually don't use -w unless debugging, but it appeared to work... even though I have Links SQL set for no debugging...

Tony Evans
Webmaster and Web Design
Netsync Internet Services, Inc.