... or they could signup at a business community site using Gossamer AutoRespond and use that autoresponder.
Alex, do you mean sign-up as a user then create their own autoresponders/time schedule and have mailings going out from the owners server?
If this is what you're describing, perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a couple other questions.
1. How are users registered within other programs (Links/DBMan, etc) limited on having access to AutoRes?
2. How does Admin establish limits on the number of responders? Ooops! Found that one ... default users = 20, I'd assume that can be modified per user.
3. Is there some sort of built-in time lapse on sending the messages? If there a good number of users, each with a handful of Autores's going out, that can create a substantial load on the server attempting to invoke sendmail for all of them at once. Like 100/5 sec or something. I didn't see anyplace to set a variable on the distribution rate.
4. Bounced mail - How is bounced mail handled? If an address is added incorrectly, will Admin have to manage bounced responders going to that address for the number of times the User has set-up automated distribution? (One bounced message returned on each of (up to) 20 mailings.)
5. Can it be set-up that the User would receive the bounced messages and have responsibility to remove the address from their list (found an area with stop list - is that per user or just an Admin function)?