Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Internal Error

Quote Reply
Internal Error
Can someone please take a look at my config? Everything worked fine with the demo db, then I edit the fields and now nothing works. I have not been able to find any syntax error. The script keeps telling me to enable debugging even with $db_debug=1. PLEASE help me! Also, I have a question: does the html.pl have to be probably configured for everything to work with $db_auto_generate=1?

Quote Reply
Re: Internal Error In reply to
Well, if you want people to look at your cfg file, you should save it as a txt file and upload it to a publicly accessible directory. Then post the URL where the text file is located.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hello Ouroboros, there are at least five or so topics on the first page of the forum with the precise problem - have you looked at any of those topics and read the "common errors" encountered when installing or beginning to customize dbman for the first time?
http://gossamer-threads.com/...at=&Board=DBInst

Quote Reply
It doesn't seem to be any of the common errors. I have moved the config to a readable directory here:

http://karta.hypermart.net/public/karta.cfg

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could take a look at it.

Quote Reply
Hello Ouroboros, the problem is in your field names. The names should be either one single word or encased in single quotes such as:

'Primary belief system'

You'd be just as well off to use single quotes on each of the field names (for consistency)

Quote Reply
Thanks, but that doesnt seem to be the only problem...
Any other ideas?

Quote Reply
Hello Ouroboros,

In Reply To:
Thanks, but that doesnt seem to be the only problem...
Any other ideas?
That really doesn't tell me anything :-) When you attempted to access the db after making the changes, what happened then?

Did you change the field names in html.pl to also encase the field names in single quotes?

NAME="ID" VALUE="$rec{'ID'}"

Quote Reply
OK, I solved my problem. I decided to check whether the database would work again with teh default config, and, guess what? it didnt. I then replaced the cgi's with fresh ones, and now everything works again. Apparently one of them somehow got corrupted. Any people having the smae problem should try my solution.

Quote Reply
It's good to hear you've been able to start with a fresh install on everything and get it working. Good luck!