Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

Help please.

Quote Reply
Help please.
I finally got the image upload script to work. I figured that i should do that first and then change the inputs to my liking. But now when i try to upload I get a unknown action error. why is this? I almost certian i didnt mess up any of the configurations for the image upload... sigh Frown
Quote Reply
Re: Help please. In reply to
Did you add the code for upload success both in html.pl and db.cgi?

Does it upload the file?

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Well it worked before i tried to change some of the stuff around... So it was uploading files correctly for a while. But then it stopped after i updated either the html.pl file or the default.cfg file. I was pretty sure i didnt change any of the stuff that would mess it up, but i guess not.
Quote Reply
Well, to anwser your questions, yes i did add the code to the files, and yes it does upload the picture. Then it gets the Action Unknown : The database program received a command that it did not understand.

Heh, not sure what i did, but i sure seemed to mess it up.
Quote Reply
What is in the "location" window in your browser after an upload? (It should include "upload_success=1".)

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Hmm im not sure i understand. would you please check it out for me
http://billingstruckcenter.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/billingstruckcenter//db.cgi

is the url of the script and username and pw are currently "admin"

thanks
Quote Reply
The only thing i think i could have done wrong is this. in the file-upload files that tell us what to change:

###### File --- db.cgi
### sub main ###

### add
elsif ($in{'upload_success'}) { &html_upload_success; }

I wasn't sure where exactly to add that, i put it somewhere and the upload script worked for a while... hmm.
Quote Reply
hmm maybe i figured it out. It wont work if auto generate is turn on right? Im going to try to fix all my html in the .pl file to see if this helps.
Quote Reply
It probably won't work if autogenerate is turned on, no.

It's a little odd that your URL is http://billingstruckcenter.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/billingstruckcenter//db.cgi

Two /s together?

Regarding my earlier question, in your browser, there should be a little window that gives you the URL you're currently looking at, where you can also type in URLs. (I guess you can hide it in IE, though, so maybe you don't see it.)

I'm afraid I'm sorta strapped for time right now, but I'll see what I can do later.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
no big rush. Ill play around with it a bit and see if i can get it to work. In the address thingy it didn't say anything about upload success, but it DOES upload the image before it gets the error. Also i think its strange that there are two // but also one / works. Two is the way we are supposed to do it though, at least their website says to. heh.
Quote Reply
Look in your file-upload.cgi script for the line

$SUCCESS_LOCATION = "$db_script_link_url&$db_key=$rec{$db_key}&upload_success=1";

Make sure that's in there, just like that.

If you made any changes to the form in html.pl, that could be the problem.

------------------
JPD