Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

db_select_fields Problem

Quote Reply
db_select_fields Problem
I am trying to add a select box function to my forms.
I have added the following code to my .cfg file

Code:

%db_select_fields = (
Products => 'Bearings,Cable Tray Systems,Expansion Joints,Fiberglass,Flow/Metering,PTFE Products,Phenolic Material,Pipe/Fittings Valves,Pipe,Valve Pumps Filter,Pipe/Fittings,Plastic Materials,Plastic Fabrication,Roofing/Siding,Thermoplastic Material,Thermoplastic Material Valves,Tubing/Hose,Tubing/Hose,Valves',
Products2 => 'ADHESIVES,CEMENT,CHEM-FLOW,CONTROL,CPVC,CPVC DUCT,DIGI-FLOW,DOOR FRAME,ELASTOMERIC BEARINGS,FABRICATION & MACHINING,FIBERGLASS,FIBERGLASS DOOR,FIRE DOOR,FLOORING,FLOW METER GASKETS,FLOWMETER,GASKETS,GRATING,HDPE UHMW FIBERGLASS,INSULATORS,KYNAR,LADDER,LEAK REPAIR,MATERIAL-GRATING,MATERIAL-PIPE,MATERIAL-RINGS,MATERIAL-ROD,MATERIAL-SHEET,MATERIAL-STRUCTURAL,MATERIAL-TUBE,PE,PENETRATION COLLARS,PLASTIC,POLY PR,POLY PRO,PRESSURE REGULATING,PRIMER,PULTRUDED,PVC,PVC DUCT,RAIL,ROOFING,RUBBER,RUBBER,SAFETY GATES,SCH 40 PVC,SCH 80 CPVC,SCH 40 CPVC,SCH 80 PVC,SEALANTS,SISEMIC BEARINGS,SOLVENT,SWING GATES,TANKS,TEFLON,TEFLON BEARINGS,TEFLON LINED,THERMOPLASTIC ACTUATION CONTROL,TYGON,WINDOWS LOUVERS',
Manufacturer => 'ACE TANKS,ASAHI,ATLAS FIBER,BLUE WHITE,CORRIM COMPANY,CREATIVE PULTRUSION,Fluorocarbon Company,GEORGE FISHER,Harvel Plastic,Hayward Industrial,INTERPLAST,IPEX,IPS CEMENT,InduMar Products Inc.,Intrepid Safety Gates & GPC's,New Age Industries,NIBCO,PLASTINETICS,PLAST-O-MATIC VALVES,PRECISIONEERING,PROCO EXPANSION JOINTS,AICKINSTRUT,RESOLITE,SIMONA AMERICA INC,Seismic Energy Products,Spears Manufacturing,St. Gobain Tubing,Thermoplastic Processes,Thermoplastic Valves Inc'
);

When I do my script breaks as follows;

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Error loading required libraries.
Check that they exist, permissions are set correctly and that they compile.
Reason: Bad name after Inc' at \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1213\rh.greggeisen\cgi-bin\products_search/products.cfg line 96.
Compilation failed in require at \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1213\rh.greggeisen\cgi-bin\products_search\db.cgi line 52.
Script Location : \\nawinfs03\home\users\web\b1213\rh.greggeisen\cgi-bin\products_search\db.cgi
Perl Version : 5.008006
Setup File : products.cfg
Session ID : default
Form Variables
-------------------------------------------
Record_ID : *
db : products
uid : default
view_records : 1

When I remove the db_select_fields stuff everything works.
Any ideas why this happens?

links to the various files;

http://www.plantmaintenanceservices.com/dbman/

Ed 8-)
Quote Reply
Re: [ewramos] db_select_fields Problem In reply to
After doing a bit more searching I found a solution to my problem. I think the issue is the line length in my script mod was exceeded. Thanks to lembono for his post of April 4, 2001. His solution was to reference an external 'db' file. please see his post for details at;
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=135920#135920

It worked for me...

Ed 8-)
Quote Reply
Re: [ewramos] db_select_fields Problem In reply to
If you still have problems you may need to change:

GPC's

to:

GPC/'s

not positive but I know that causes problems in titles, etc.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] db_select_fields Problem In reply to
Thanks for the tip, so far testing shows all is O.K.

Ed 8-)