Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Script for Short Display

Quote Reply
Script for Short Display
I did a search using "short display" and i recieved 50 answers!

So I went through them trying to find where I can get the mod. But to no avail as they were all discussions about using the script.

If someone (probably JP Deni Smile could tell me where I can get the script and a read me file I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Script for Short Display In reply to
 Smile Here I am!

There have been a number of incarnations of this mod and I found that the only way to really explain it would be to create an entire html.pl file -- in my own style. Smile

There is not a separate readme file for it, but there are a lot of notes within the file which I think will explain what you need to know. If you have any questions, be sure to ask.

Oh, you wanted to know where it is? Smile

http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/short.txt

Just save the file to your hard drive from your browser and use it instead of the html.pl file that came with the DBMan distribution.

One thing to be aware of -- you cannot use the autogenerate feature for displaying the results of the search with this mod. You can use it for the forms, though.

If you have already made your own html_record subroutine, you can probably just copy and paste it into the html_record_long subroutine in the mod.

If you have any problems, please let me know.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
Re: Script for Short Display In reply to
Genius/Thanks/Keep up the great work!!