Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Internet Technologies :

window.open - weird error in IE 7 and FF 3 :/

Quote Reply
window.open - weird error in IE 7 and FF 3 :/
Hi,

Man - this is driving me nuts!

<li><a href="<%URL%>"><%Full_Name%></a> - <a href="#" onclick="window.open('<%config.db_cgi_url%>/bid.cgi?action=view_bids&category_in=<%ID%>','mywindow','width=400,height=200,left=0,toolbar=no,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes');">view current bids</a></li>

....code all looks fine - but it ONLY works with 1 single click (i.e it opens fine the first time), then, you close the window - click on it again - and it simply won't open Unsure

No JS errors, just won't open (and I've made sure for definate the last window was closed)

Only way to get it to open again when you click on the link - is by doing a hard-refresh of the page.

Anyone had this problem before? Driving me nuts Pirate

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] window.open - weird error in IE 7 and FF 3 :/ In reply to
I've found similar problems when looking at other websites... had assumed it was something to do with my system but perhaps not
Quote Reply
Re: [Alba] window.open - weird error in IE 7 and FF 3 :/ In reply to
Yeah, real PITA (never had it happen before - so was assuming it was something to do with my coding - even though its just a very basic "open" window function.

Very odd Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!