Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Root Path is cgi

Quote Reply
Root Path is cgi
I installed fileman and I can only see the cgi folder.
How do I access a dir outside of the cgi folder?
Quote Reply
Re: [worshiploud] Root Path is cgi In reply to
Hello, I am new to both CGI and Fileman (first exposure to cgi about three days ago, but used to working on the fly) and had the same problem today when I did the install.. I uploaded Fileman to my CGI folder and only saw fileman files. I see your question was posted a while ago, and you've probably solved it by now. If not, and for others with the same problem...

I did another install, treated it as a 'new install' ... this time to the root instead of to the cgi-bin. During the install, I changed all the paths and URLs to reflect the new location. It installed perfectly, showing all my root files. I guess this would work for anyone, with a few modifications, depending on how your server has set up the path to CGI/Perl. Mine can be accessed from the root. Now I have to figure out how to uninstall the program from the cgi-bin, while leaving the fileman program at the root intact ;-) When I do, I'll post it here if anyone requests it.

Good luck and hope this helps! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: [jannn] Root Path is cgi In reply to
If you open you ConfigData.pm file and edit 'root_dir' &'root_path' and remove the cgi-bin it will set it outside the cgi-bin.

Wink