Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Reason: File exists... :o\

Quote Reply
Reason: File exists... :o\
I'm trying to install this cool script on a win server, but i reiceve this error :
  • Could not make directory (D:/Inetpub). Reason: File exists

Someone can help me?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [md4632] Reason: File exists... :o\ In reply to
I believe this problem is due to a problem in the way the Perl file test operators work in NT on inaccessible directories. I suspect that the D:/Inetpub directory cannot be viewed by the whatever user you IIS session is using. I had this same problem. An inaccessible directory was failing the Perl -d and -e tests, so the fileman install would try to create it. Since the directory does actually exist, the mkdir operation would fail with an errno 17, "File exists". I had to edit the install.pl to add special handling for when this happens. It's possible that some of the main fileman could would also need to be changed in this way, but I have not noticed a problem post-install.

This post is pretty old so I won't go into the changes. If anyone is interested I'll post my changes to fix this.
Quote Reply
Re: [DaveL] Reason: File exists... :o\ In reply to
oh man thats the exact problem im having could you please email me at paedbo@optonline.net and tell me the exact changes you made to the install file you would be the best!!!! Thanks

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [DaveL] Reason: File exists... :o\ In reply to
i am also having the same exact error. daveL could you please email me on how to fix that error. thank you very much.

Tommy

fry3k@lvcm.com

AIM:fry3k
Quote Reply
Re: [fry3k] Reason: File exists... :o\ In reply to
I emailed you the changes.

Dave