Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

../data/rates files

Quote Reply
../data/rates files
I desparation, I just deleted all of the numeric files from ../data/rates. The reason was that in 6 month old stable installation, I suddenly started to get the following error message when running nph-build.cgi (by telnet or build all):

fatal error: Illegal division by zero at ./nph-build.cgi line 432, <DB> chunk 36.

I found no resolution which worked in previous forum posting about similar messages, so looked at line 432:

if (exists $votes{$id}) {
$values[$db_rating] = (($values[$db_rating] * $values[$db_votes]) + $rating{$id}) /
($values[$db_votes] + $votes{$id});

Checked links.db, and all records appeared OK.

Deleting the files enabled the build to run, apparently as normal. My question is, will this cause me other problems, and what are the files for.

Incidentally, the reason I was so desparate to find any way to build was that I had manually reindexed links.db and url.db, so all of the links on my previously built pages were launching the wrong url!

TIA.

- Paul

Quote Reply
Re: ../data/rates files In reply to
The rate files should be deleted after each build. Why have you kept them active in your rates directory? Did you delete the codes in the nph-build.cgi that removes them automatically after each build? If so, then put the codes back in the sub build_stat and sub build_update_newpop routines.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Thanks for setting my mind at ease.

No, I have not changed nph-build.cgi. My guess is that a crash during a build left the files there, or that a permissions error somehow arose and prevented the script from deleting them.

Best.

- Paul

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

Eliot Lee