Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

unable to open Validation.db please help me fasten than light :o)))

Quote Reply
unable to open Validation.db please help me fasten than light :o)))
CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : unable to open validation file: /u/h/humourzone/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/data/validate.db. Reason: No such file or directory
Script Location : /u/h/humourzone/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503
------------------------------------------
this is was I get when i' try to Validate links from administration menu, the file was ok, access are on 777, every other function are right, (i can add link,view ...)

please help me because (sorry it's a french expression like a break my teeth) j'm casse les dents

Merci d'avance a ceux qui pourrront m'aider
thanks to all Cool guys that can help me

best regards

Quote Reply
Re: unable to open Validation.db please help me fasten than light :o))) In reply to

Quote:
access are on 777

This is your problem...

The /admin/data/ directory needs to be set to 777 (rwxrwxrwx). The files, like validate.db needs to be set to 666 (rw-rw-rw-).

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.
Quote Reply
Re: unable to open Validation.db please help me fasten than light :o))) In reply to
Hi Eliot

thanks in advance for your reply, I try the
modification but still doesn't works ;(

do you have another idea ???
(I'll try to modif all properties of other files that can be put a 666 but again still get the same error --- it's a shame )

thanks again if you can help me

best regards
Quote Reply
Well...the Error message indicates that it is a permission problem with validate.db, which I have provided all the suggestions I have to fix it.

Best of luck!

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.
Quote Reply
Hi Eliot

Thanks a lot for your help

(i'll try monday)

Best regards David

Quote Reply

Quote:
Error Message : unable to open validation file: /u/h/humourzone/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/data/validate.db. Reason: No such file or directory

Sounds like you have a path defined incorrectly, or didn't upload the file in the proper place

--mark
Quote Reply
to all people write to help me
THANKS

i found the problem

the dir links/pages/toto

was in cgi-bin/links/pages/toto
and every time i try i 'll get the same error

if I put all links/pages/toto to the root(outside the cgi-bin) and reconfigure correctly the path in link.cfg .EVERY THINKS working fine......SO GOOOOOODDDDDD

GREAT

first i think my error come from permission on file and folder(folder=755 files=644)

but no only put all outside cgi

thanks to all cooll guy who help me

best regards david