Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

cgi-error message

Quote Reply
cgi-error message
When I try to build the page, I got the following message.

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : /home/slavophi/public_html/cgi-bin/links/adm/nph-build.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00503

What would be the correct permission?

In addition, when I try to add resources, I got the following message.

"Error including libraries: Can't locate admin/links.cfg in @INC (@INC contains: /home/slavophi/public_html/cgi-bin/links /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 .) at /home/slavophi/public_html/cgi-bin/links/add.cgi line 30.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
"

When I try to open the site by clicking the linked site name, I got the message "Error: Can't find link id: 3", although it IS linked. Thank you for your help in advance.

[This message has been edited by andyyoo (edited February 01, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: cgi-error message In reply to
1) Change the permission of your backup directory to 777 (rwxr--r--). Also change the permission of ALL your data files in that directory to 666. Do the same for the data directory.

2) Make sure that you have the COMPLETE ABSOLUTE PATH to your links.cfg file in your add.cgi file, like the following:

Code:
require "/home/slavophi/public_html/cgi-bin/links/links.cfg";

in the Required library section of the file.

3) You need to build your index in order for the url.db index file to be created, and for your jump.cgi file to work.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
* Be sure to visit the Resource Center for FAQ's, Modifications and Extra Goodies!!
* Say NO to Duplicate Threads. Smile
----------------------

[This message has been edited by Eliot (edited February 01, 2000).]