Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

can't browse links result due to "can't increment error"

Quote Reply
can't browse links result due to "can't increment error"
Hi there!

I had a lots of permission errors after installing links. I had tested links in free hosting like virtual ave and it works fine. However, installing in a real server gave me an head ache. heres the error.

Error: Can't increment counter file. Reason: Permission denied

Again what file this error is pointing? I already chmod all data, backup and templates files to 666 right. what else went wrong? the admin and search.cgi and all the cgi/s is working already however when tries to search for an keyword and then I click the result I just can't browse the said results links from LINK 2.0. btw, i checked also the actually webpage of some of the results links and it is working.

thanks

[This message has been edited by alwell (edited December 15, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: can't browse links result due to "can't increment error" In reply to
make sure all the files in the /data/ directory are chmod 666.

--mark

------------------
Due to repeated requests for support via ICQ, I am once again offering support online.

The ONLY number I will accept requests on is #53788453. Messages sent to my other numbers will not pass through to me, as I have security settings set to ignore messages from users not on that list.

I don't know how often I will be active on this number, as it is for only when I am free to offer assistance.

Could this signature be any longer? :)