Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
admin.cgi
I have been successful with other scripts. This one is giving me some trouble. What could I have done wrong if:
when I load mydomain.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi
and I get a download window. "Download admin.cgi from mydomain"
Any ideas? I've tried the extended path - I've tried renaming my perl path. Results in same thing.
Thank you for your help.
Steve

Quote Reply
Re: admin.cgi In reply to
What is the exact message in the text file after downloading admin.cgi when prompted?

--Drew
Quote Reply
You have chosen to download a file from this location:
admin.cgi from www.ptdept.com

After download:
Error including libraries: Can't locate /public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg

and another lengthy line of script...

Well...I tried renaming the path (to links.cfg) a few different ways and still get the same message. I'll try again.

Quote Reply
You need to include the FULL ABSOLUTE PATH in the require line in the admin.cgi script:

Code:

require "/absolute/path/to/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/links.cfg";

You are missing a few directories before the public_html directory.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot. I'll try that.
Not too sure at this point how to get the absolute path, but I'll visit my host's web site.
Thanks,
Steve

Quote Reply
Code:

pwd

at your command prompt in telnet.

(Present Working Directory)

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
PWD tells me "/public_html" if I try to go further "/" is what it gives me. Before this I viewed another forum entry regarding this problem. I changed the path to what you see below. Now I'm getting a 500 error. And this was listed below on the error page.

Premature end of script headers: /data1/va/ptdept.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi

Am I getting closer to resolving this if it at least got to the ERROR 500 page?
Thanks,
Steve
PS I tried this too (didn't work):
# Use IIS headers? Set this to 1 if your web server needs the full headers (HTTP/1.0 etc.)
$db_iis = 1;

Quote Reply
Since you are not on an NT Server, you set that variable to 0 to TURN IT OFF. Also, to get your complete path...all you have to do is use cd ../ to connect to lower directories. BUT in most UNIX servers running Apache, if you type in pwd, you should see something like the following:

Code:

server:/root/absolute/path/to/youraccount#

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Still not working. 500 ERROR
Could it be possible that I need to take the files (other than cgi) out of the cgi-bin?
I'm lost. I don't know what else to do.
Thanks,
Steve

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Could it be possible that I need to take the files (other than cgi) out of the cgi-bin?
The only files that may give you difficulty are the template files...but the .cfg, .db, .pl, etc. should all remain in the cgi-bin directory.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Follow this link to a post I had done a while ago. All you need to do is cut and paste, and save as testbin.cgi. http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...=25&Old=allposts

Shawn Anderson
Webmaster
Southwest Virtual Airways
http://www.virtualswa.com