Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Verifying Links Problem

Quote Reply
Verifying Links Problem
Two problems:
1. the error message belolow when I did Quick Check.
2. link page does't show anything but empty space.

Does it have something to do with the script as your answer to Keizer problem or something to do wih my web hosting company which does't provide LWP?

---
Links Manager: Verifying Links

Verifying Links

Link checking started at: Tue Mar 9 22:48:31 1999
--------------------------------------------------------
Unable to load Parallel User Checker. System Error:
--
Can't locate HTTP/Request.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /custs/home/k/kor4625/cgi-bin/weblinks/admin /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at /custs/home/k/kor4625/cgi-bin/weblinks/admin/Validator.pm line 23.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /custs/home/k/kor4625/cgi-bin/weblinks/admin/Validator.pm line 23.
--
Using IO::Socket method instead.

--------------------------------------------------------
Checked 5 - Success (200). Message: OK 200. URL: http://www.nystory.com
Checked 7 - Success (200). Message: OK 200. URL: http://www.wingsports.com

Took: 1 seconds to check 2 links.

Bad Link Summary
-----------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------

Good Links: 2
Bad Links :
Quote Reply
Re: Verifying Links Problem In reply to
This is not an error message, it is an informational message built into the script. It is letting you know that it could not perform the validation using LWP because it or some part of it doesn't seem to be on your system, and that it used the socket method of validation instead.

I am not sure of what problem number 2 is about. Can you clarify? What link page?
Quote Reply
I can't validate any record.
I have the following error message when I click on validate though there are a lot of records wating for validation.

Links Database: Validate Links
No records to validate!
Quote Reply
I also am having great difficulties trying to get "Verifying Links" function to work. It has completed in the past, but lately it either hangs in the middle and never recovers, or just sits there until it times out and gives an misconfiguration error. I haven't been able to verify my links for several weeks now.

Alex, Is there anything I can do???? HELP!

Aaron

------------------
www.serve.com/garden/links
www.serve.com/garden/aaron
www.serve.com/garden/board

Quote Reply
dohkim,

If you get that message, then it is telling you that validate.db is empty. If you know for sure that it is not empty, then something is wrong with your paths. Links has to be pointing to a different validate.db file that has no records in it.

I suggest that you double check the paths in links.cfg.