Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Stumped on 500 errors

Quote Reply
Stumped on 500 errors
I'm stumped.

I've been running the script successfully for a couple of months. However, my server has been being slow, so my hosting company moved my site to another server (which should have exactly the same set-up, paths etc, as the previous one, and other scripts are running fine on it). So I've had to CHMOD everything all over again, and suddenly it's not working.

I've followed the CHMOD instructions in the readme file. The paths are all exacctly as they were before when it was working fine - none of that has changed. Yet when I try to run search.cgi or add.cgi or whatever, I get a 500 error.

Any suggestions? I'm totally baffled!
Quote Reply
Re: Stumped on 500 errors In reply to

Quote:
which should have exactly the same set-up, paths etc, as the previous one, and other scripts are running fine on it

Not true...Each server has its own path configurations (based on the machine name and path set-ups). So, you do, in fact, need to change all the paths in the links.cfg file.

Ask your hosting company for the EXACT ABSOLUTE PATH for your new server.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.

Quote Reply
Okay, I did that, and they confirmed that the paths and location of perl are the same. Any other suggestions...?

(Realized I should have maded clear that it was a move between servers with the same web hosting company.)

[This message has been edited by Tanith (edited April 16, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Forget it, the problem seems to have resolved itself! I suspect my host altered something but didn't want to admit what it was, because an hour after getting their reply it's suddenly working.

Thanks for your time.
Quote Reply
Well, I am glad that you got it working.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
anthrotech.com
* Check Resource Center
* Thinking out of the box (codes) is not only fun, but effective.