Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Removal of directories

Quote Reply
Removal of directories
I need to remove directories created by Links off the server. Via the admin interface removal from the database works fine, but deletion of directories from the server itself does not take place. How do I go about a complete uninstall?
Quote Reply
Re: Removal of directories In reply to
Never mind. Problem fixed. Thank you anyway.
Quote Reply
 http://www.cybernox.com/scripts/wipeout.html for anyone else who needs it. BE CAREFUL

One of these days, I REALLY need to make wipeout! more user friendly... Smile

--Mark

------------------
You can reach my by ICQ at UID# 8602162

Quote Reply
You can also try:

www.groundbreak.com/teasers/regenerator

The regenerator deletes all your old Links directories automatically as well as many other functions like resetting hits and votes...

Steve Miles
www.groundbreak.com
Quote Reply
Or, if you want to do it the old fashioned way, CuteFTP does a great job of removing the files also without making you manually empty out the directory first (like WS-FTP).
Quote Reply
The problem is, on a lot of servers, since Links creates the directories, they are listed to user NOBODY, and not to your user idea, so no ftp program will delete them.

That's why I created wipeout! It runs from the web, so has the same user, so will delete the files.

--mark

------------------

Quote Reply
heh, no problem Smile

Yeah it does work, and that was all that was important to me. I wrote it for myself, after having much difficulty cleaning up Links installs for people. Since so many people asked for something to do this, I made it available.

One day, I will get to making it into a full-blown program, with an interface.... Smile

--Mark

------------------

Quote Reply
Mark - thanks for "Wipeout". User friendly or not - it works like a charm. :-)

I came here to ask for exactly this script and I'm pleased to anounce that all is clean and well again on my server!