Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Add Record Problem

Quote Reply
Add Record Problem
I recently migrated links to a new server. Apparently I introduced some sort of error when doing so. Everything was working before the move.

Now I can't add a record to the links directory. It won't even get me to the error page if I try to add a blank record (the one that says stuff "URL cannot be blank). All I get is the following error

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request."

That can mean just about anything from permission errors to a corrupt file. I know that you can't troubleshoot that from here, but I'm hoping you can tell me what files to start checking for permission problems etc. What script is it calling when you try to add a record? Where should I check for problems?
Quote Reply
Re: [Bob Harbison] Add Record Problem In reply to
Most of what you need to change would be in links.cfg. Search these forums if that dosen't help, this topic has been covered pretty well, before...

Also, make sure your new server uses the same path to perl that your old one did. If not, you need to change it at the top (first line) of many of the files.

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] Add Record Problem In reply to
Also, it happened to myself, check that the new server you have moved onto isn't a RAQ server, if it is there are mods covered in here to support this.

Stu2000

- Top 100 forums / GT Links 2.0 websites -