Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Rate it rebuild does not show ANY ratings

Quote Reply
Rate it rebuild does not show ANY ratings
Before you go off, Mr. Lee, I am still trying to get all the features to work on my installation of Links, so I posted to this board rather than "discussions." I hope this does not irritate you.

The problem is that my rate it feature does not work from the database itself. http://www.blackwriters.org/links/pages/

For example, I have rated several authors pages by accessing the link above, then clicking the Rate It beside their link. When I rebuild, none of the ratings show up.

I tried to rate one again, one that I had rated before and got:
Sorry, but we were unable to rate the resource for the following reason:
Sorry, you've already rated for this resource once recently.

Rated another one and got:
Thank you for your vote.

So THAT part works. HOWEVER, no matter how many times I rebuild the pages, the ratings never show up. I read all the other posts I could find on this: Does each link have to be rated ten times in order for ONE rating to show up (or is that just Top Rated as I assume)?

Ironically enough, when I rate the site through the ADMIN page, the rating shows up. I would like for site visitors to be able to rate the sites, too, of course.

What could be the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance for any time and assistance.

Quote Reply
Re: Rate it rebuild does not show ANY ratings In reply to
Check your ratings directory within the data directory. It should be chmod to 777 (drwxrwxrwx). And make sure that you have ID files in that directory. If not, then that is your problem.

Regards,

Eliot Lee