Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Newbie question. Error Building and staggered

Quote Reply
Newbie question. Error Building and staggered
Hi When i am new to this. I got the admin cgi working and when i try to use any of the building functions or Verifying Links I get a one of those common
"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

Any ideas? Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Newbie question. Error Building and staggered In reply to
"The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."

means a 404, i.e. a page not found. Two possibilites i can think of:

Perhaps the URL to the nph-build.cgi is wrong is the configuration you have? trying hardcoding the url in your browser (http://www.yoursite.com/links/admin/nph-build.cgi). You might have the urls wrong in links.cfg, but then again that might mean that the frame based admin would not work.

Or it could be that your server doesn't allow them to be run. If you're running cobalt servers then you may have some problems, as it may not the script to run. I had that sometimes. Or it could be that the heading is wrong - like usr/bin/perl and not user/local/bin/perl or whatever you have.