Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Modify to cool link not working :(

Quote Reply
Modify to cool link not working :(
why when i modify a link to cool the cgi acept but when i do the build it turn the cool off again ? and i try to add the link and its not working ...the option cool after i do the build turn the cool off ... there is any rule for the cgi built the link to cool ?

Quote Reply
Re: Modify to cool link not working :( In reply to
Yeah. How about it guys, what's the answer?

The above is an old post that I came across while looking for an answer to my own question (actually I don't really have a clue what this guy is talking about but it may be the same problem I am having):

QUESTION: Where can I set cool links to top ten in the same way that popular can be changed in links.cfg? Or is this actually for cool links? If it is, it doesn't work - as when I change to a number from a percentage it doesn't give out the number of links I selected on the cool links page.

Please help,
Thanks,
Alan

Quote Reply
you cannot manually set cool or popular. the script handles all of this for you. thus, you are not able to choose what's on the top ten page either. Search for "isPick" or "editor's pick" for instructions on how have a page of links you choose.

Happy coding,

--Drew
http://www.camelsoup.com
ftp://ftp.camelsoup.com
Quote Reply
Oh. I didn't know that. Thanks.
Alan