Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Links does NOT send any EMAIL.

Quote Reply
Links does NOT send any EMAIL.
I have downloaded Links 2.0 because I wanted to try it and maybe use it for my website but I can't get the sendmail related things to work... When I try to add a link and it says that an email has been sent but I receive no email. The path of my sendmail in the configuration is right so I don't know what the problem can be. Is it possible to let user add links without sending an email?

Last edited by:

AndyNewby: Feb 26, 2002, 9:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [marcnyc] Links does NOT send any EMAIL. In reply to
I have a similar problem, I get this error message in my admin panel when I delete a test link any help:-

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Unable to send rejection message. Reason: No To: field specified.
Script Location : /home01/14479873/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi
Perl Version : 5.006001

Last edited by:

stu2000: Feb 26, 2002, 3:56 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [stu2000] Links does NOT send any EMAIL. In reply to
Actually I do not get any errors at all, on the contrary, the system moves through pages smoothly and it looks like the email has been sent, but I never receive it and I tried many times and I have the right sendmail path and it is not my email account.

Is there any Grossamer people on these forums that can help???
Quote Reply
Do other scripts send them ok? If not, it may be a server problem. I've had it before where it doesn't seem to like sending to 'forward' accounts. I sent one to my hotmail account, and got it fine. Sent one to my ace-installer.com email addy, and it doesn't arive. Very odd, and I've never really worked out why it does it.

You may want to set up a hotmail account, and try this. You may find what i did.

Hope that helps Smile

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Links does NOT send any EMAIL. In reply to
INDEED it DID work when the address is set to yahoo.com instead of my forwarding domain address webmaster@chaindlk.com... now, that is veeeeeeeeeeery weird, any workaround for this? any idea why this happens? is this my server's fault or the script's fault?

I have one question: is it possible to add something to the content of the email that is sent to the person who did submit the url?
Quote Reply
I'm not really sure why it happens. I thought it was just my servers configuration, but if loads of other people are having the same problem it would appear to be more of a problem with Sendmail. Very weird Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!