Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Links 2.0 random text file is generated in admin directory

Quote Reply
Links 2.0 random text file is generated in admin directory
Hi,

I should have solved this a while ago, but didn't, and it created quite a hassle for me at my server.

When I validate a randomly numbered (blank) text file is generated in my base admin directory.
I used to have enough time that I deleted them each week. Then for a while I was not able to ftp up and delete them.

I searched the forum, but did not find anything on this, but years ago, I thought I had read a post or two about this.

Can someone tell me what file to edit, and how, so that this file is not created??

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by:

RipandRev: Oct 17, 2005, 10:51 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RipandRev] Links 2.0 random text file is generated in admin directory In reply to
Hi,

What does the file contain?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Links 2.0 random text file is generated in admin directory In reply to
Thanx for replying.

The file contains nothing. It is an empty file that shows up in the admin/ directory and looks like this:

9465321.txt
5165789.txt

just randomly numbered blank text files....

I thought they were created when I validated, but that is not the case, they must be created with someone tries to send their info through the add.pl page. Could it have something to do with the block url add on??

Your thoughts??
Quote Reply
Re: [RipandRev] Links 2.0 random text file is generated in admin directory In reply to
I have confirmed that the number in the name of the blank txt file corresponds with the passcode number.

Can anyone assist as to how to stop this file from being generated?

Thanx
Quote Reply
What do you mean "passcode number?" Is this a mod to the script? If so, do you know which one?

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie