Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.005

Quote Reply
Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.005
Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/i386-bsdos/IO/Select.pm line 204.

error appear when verifying links. Please help.
Quote Reply
Re: Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.005 In reply to
It looks like your server does not have all the current modules installed that are needed for LINKS. Contact your Hosting Company for assistance.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Re: Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.005 In reply to
The below is my full error message

Content-type: text/html Links Manager: Verifying Links
Verifying Links
Link checking started at: Tue Feb 22 11:22:08 2000
--------------------------------------------------------
Registering URLs ...
Done.

Links to check '4' using HEAD method. Please be patient...

Content-type: text/html

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/i386-bsdos/IO/Select.pm line 204.

Script Location : /usr/home/domainname/domainname.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-verify.cgi
Perl Version : 5.00502

Form Variables
-------------------------------------------

Environment Variables
-------------------------------------------
DOCUMENT_ROOT : /usr/home/domainname/domainname.com/htdocs
GATEWAY_INTERFACE : CGI/1.1
HTTP_ACCEPT : application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/msword, image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/pdf, */*
HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING: gzip, deflate
HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE: en-us
HTTP_CONNECTION : Keep-Alive
HTTP_HOST : www.domainname.com
HTTP_REFERER : http://www.domainname.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/admin.cgi?display=navigation
HTTP_USER_AGENT : Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.01; Windows 98)
PATH : /sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/contrib/bin:/usr/X11/bin
QUERY_STRING :
REMOTE_ADDR :
REMOTE_PORT :
REQUEST_METHOD : GET
REQUEST_URI : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-verify.cgi
SCRIPT_FILENAME : /usr/home/domainname/domainname.com/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-verify.cgi
SCRIPT_NAME : /cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-verify.cgi
SERVER_ADDR :
SERVER_ADMIN : webmaster@domainaname.com
SERVER_NAME : www.domainname.com
SERVER_PORT : 80
SERVER_PROTOCOL : HTTP/1.1
SERVER_SIGNATURE : Apache/1.3.9 Server at www.domainname.com Port 80

SERVER_SOFTWARE : Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) PHP/3.0.9 PHP/3.0.9 mod_frontpage/3.0.4.3

Quote Reply
Listen, the problem is that you do not have all the updated Perl modules. I have tried to help you in ALL the DUPLICATE THREADS that you have posted across the Forums.

Code:
Error Message : Fatal error: Not a GLOB reference at /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.00502/i386-bsdos/IO/Select.pm line 204

Means that the Select.pm module is unable to interpret the codes in the nph-verify.cgi.

Problems with verifying links via the nph-verify.cgi script has been discussed NUMEROUS times in this Forum, and Alex has posted possible solutions in a few Threads in this Forum.

Search for the following keywords in the Keyword field in the search form:

"Alex" "verify" "problems"

And select the LINKS UNIX Installation Forum in the Forums select drop-down menu.

Regards,

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Thank you Eliot for your time and patience in answering all of my postings, even the duplicates. Sorry about the duplicate treads. I have forward the issue to my hosting company and is waiting for their reply.

This is one of the very few support forums where i got such efficient and prompt reply.

Thank you again.

Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center