Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

DESPERATE: Blank fields in index.html

Quote Reply
DESPERATE: Blank fields in index.html
Hi,
I have just moved my website and Links to another server. That all worked fine, alle permissions and paths set correctly.
But, when I tried to rebuild the HTML-pages something strange happened: On the frontpage (index.html) there are links to all my categories (20). But after the script rebuild the pages on the new server, almost all clickable category-titles are blank. Just 3 out of the 20 categories are OK.
For example, instead of a clickable link to "Online Forum and Chat" there is a blank line.

I have tried to rebuild the HTML-pages 10-15 times, both "Build All", "Staggered" and "Staggered Auto", but it's the same result every time.

Please help!

Quote Reply
Re: DESPERATE: Blank fields in index.html In reply to
Just a suggestion, Not sure if it will work for you or not. Try deleting all the pages that the Links program builds for you. Then do a new build and staggered to update. This way you have a clean copy of directories and index files. Also check to make sure your locations are properly set in the (.cfg) files.

If it's possible to telnet to your site you can do a build and staggered run on the server. This may be due to a time out issue through a browser.
Quote Reply
The 3 categories that do show, are they at the top? If so, that could indicate that your category database is corrupt. View your category records and see if anything is out of places.

--Drew
Quote Reply
Thanx,

I have just been granted telnet access.
I tried to log on to my account through telnet, and wrote the following command (including the full path):

perl /usr42/home/crjensen/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi

BUT - then I get the following error message:

CGI ERROR
==========================================
Error Message : You cant run this script from telnet/shell.
Script Location : /usr42/home/crjensen/public_html/cgi-bin/links/admin/nph-build.cgi

(plus a lot more info...)

What am I doing wrong?