Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Cool Hits
When i first installed links2, I did something in setup that made a link a cool link when it was hit twice. I would now like to change that so that a link has to be clicked a few more times in order to be cool, but I forgot what I did in the first place. Can anyone help me to remember what I need to do?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cool Hits In reply to
Look for the following variable in your links.cfg file:

Code:
$db_popular_cutoff

Then change the configuration of this variable to a higher number, like the following:

Top Ten Sites

Code:
$db_popular_cutoff = 10;

Top Three Percent

Code:
$db_popular_cutoff = .03;

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
I did that, but does it change the amount of clicks a link needs to become a cool site? Doesn't seem like it does. I set the variable to 10, but it still takes only two hits on a link to become cool.

????
Quote Reply
You have to re-build your directory to see the changes take place.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Correct, I have done that. If you look at my cool page, http://www.ajedmonds.com/Cool, you'll see that all of the sites were hit twice. Changing the variable you suggest, only changes what the page will show, i.e. the top 10 links with two hits, or 10% of the links that have been hit twice, etc. - I don't mind that the page shows the top 10 links, but I would like it to be the top 10 links that have been hit 'n' number of times.

Is this making sense?
Quote Reply
Ok, here it is. In order to change the number of hits it takes to make a link COOL, go into your build.cgi and under:

sub build_update_newpop

look for:

## Sort the popular list, and set the cutoff mark.

then find:

($cutoff < 10) and ($cutoff = 10);

Change the number to the number of hits it will take to make a link COOL.

Works for me!

Allyn