Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Can't locate .... /admin/db.pl in @INC

Quote Reply
Can't locate .... /admin/db.pl in @INC
What is this? I only get a download prompt in IE 5 - this turns up in NN 4.x.
I've checked permissions and paths, and they look OK to me.

Error including libraries: Can't locate /custs/home/s/skj10325/cgi-bin/links/admin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib/perl5/sun4-solaris/5.00404 /usr/local/lib/perl5 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/sun4-solaris /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Can't locate .... /admin/db.pl in @INC In reply to
Check your paths at the top of links.cfg to make sure you are using full paths starting from your root directory, not relative paths. If you are, then try changing the path in the links.cfg require line of admin.cgi to the full path.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Sorry for this stupid post. I thought the path was OK, but it wasn't. I'd forgotten a "public_html" in the path. The space providers directions were a bit muddled on this point. It works now.

But not actually building pages ...

Error Message : Unable to copy links backup. Reason: Permission denied
Script Location : nph-build.cgi

Just to try things out I put 777 on backup directory but that didn't work.

C.

[This message has been edited by Chimbis (edited August 29, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Make sure the backup directory is under the admin directory, not the admin/data directory. If it has 777 permissions, the backup should work unless something else is wrong. Make sure all the data files inside the admin/data directory have 666 permissions, especially links.db. If it reads 644, see the Resource Center FAQs... there is a fix for that there.
Quote Reply
Thanks,
I eventually figured it out.

My software (!?) didn't chmod the directory 777 although it said it would. (I don't have telnet access). It did the second time. It works now.

Cheers,

C.