Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Build Error, haven't seen this posted yet!

Quote Reply
Build Error, haven't seen this posted yet!
Hi,

I am encountering a problem I can't solve. Everything installs correctly, I fixed another problem in the date code I had, and moved onto the testing phase of building my pages. Well, another problem.

I add a category, I add a link, then I click on ANY build button and Internet Explorer returns this message in a pop-up message box.

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site <url>. The server returned an invalid or unrecognized response."

and you must click ok. Everything else works! Perl 5.004 is installed, all other pages appear to work. I have uploaded everything correctly, all permissions appear to be set ok. Bobsie, anyone? Please help!!
Quote Reply
Re: Build Error, haven't seen this posted yet! In reply to
Have you made any changes in nph-build.cgi? Your problem sounds familiar. If you were to try Netscape instead of MSIE, it would probably tell you that "Document contains no data".

This usually means, something is incorrect in the script and the script doesn't do anything except return. Try telnetting to your site (if you can) and running the nph-build.cgi from the shell. If there is a problem, it will give you an error message. If you cannot telnet into your site but you have access to your server's error log file, see if it contains any information about the error.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: Build Error, haven't seen this posted yet! In reply to
I have not made any changes to the script. And I had a friend try accessing it in Netscape and he got a "Document contains no data" error, exactly what you said.

I have no telnet access so I will try to determine a way to debug it. I will also take a look at the script and see if I can see where an error might occur, even though my fluency in cgi is nil. hehe

thanks... any more suggestions please throw them my way.