Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Beating my head against...jump.cgi

Quote Reply
Beating my head against...jump.cgi
Howdy,
All works except the random, and go to link...which is calling jump.cgi. It is wanting to DL the jump.cgi instead of run it.I set the path in all the command script for the links.cfg including jump.cgi, all worked except jump...thanx if you can help Smile

------------------
Cordially,
mkw@webchair.com
Quote Reply
Re: Beating my head against...jump.cgi In reply to
double check the permissions

--mark
Quote Reply
rwx-rx-rx Unix Style text (ascii)or 755 same as all else in /user...One thing I can't get the backup bit, I cannot 777 in my /cgi-bin so since I have re-addressed, almost the entire .cfg I can't find said for backup...I'll be up most the night, hollar at ICQ#134992 if you want, or just answer via message, I'll get the email.

------------------
Cordially,
mkw@webchair.com

[This message has been edited by mkw (edited January 14, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Your hits and ratings directories MUST both be set to 777. (Also your backup directory).

So, what you need to do is move these directories outside of your cgi-bin and then reset the directory paths in your links.cfg file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks for the response, I went into nph-build, seems to want to look in the $db_script_path, ok know any quick fix???

Ok guys got her up, and running...pretty slick. Had to change all the paths for backup in the nph-build...will register now...as soon as I test will pay for it. You might want to add a path to backup in .cfg...I know a lot of servers, that do not allow 777 writes to cgi-bin, which is a good security practice, at least in my opinion...thanks again, for keeping me goin on the script trail.

------------------
Cordially,
mkw@webchair.com

[This message has been edited by mkw (edited January 15, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by mkw (edited January 15, 2000).]