Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Another Build All Error Post

Quote Reply
Another Build All Error Post
I am sure that this has happend before, as I have found many posts relating to my problem, but none telling how to fix it.

The problem being: When I go to build all I get a "Page Cannot Be Displayed" and my Error Log gives the following info:

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/pookiego/public_html/links2/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 36.
'Ętegory' is not a valid variable name at /home/pookiego/public_html/links2/cgi-bin/admin/nph-build.cgi line 36

Thanks for anyone who can give me an answer. =)

~ Charlene
Quote Reply
Re: [Charlene] Another Build All Error Post In reply to
Did you make any changes in your nph-build.cgi script?
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Another Build All Error Post In reply to
First of all ... thank you for your response.

When I first got the error no, I did not. Since then I have tried changing the lines mentioned in the Cobalt post, but the status of the error has remained the same.

~ Charlene
Quote Reply
Try using the default version that came with the download...then simply try renaming the file to build.cgi rather than nph-build.cgi and see if that works...

If that doesn't, then go back and double check the COBALT RAQ code changes...make sure that you have edited the correct codes in the file.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Heckler] Another Build All Error Post In reply to
Okay ... I've renamed the file and changed the link in the admin_html file. Is there anywhere else I need to change it?

I am now getting a Server Error 500.

~ Charlene
Quote Reply
I've gone in as you suggested and changed to the cobalt lines. Still a 500 and this in my error log ...

Premature end of script headers: /home/pookiego/public_html/links2/cgi-bin/admin/build.cgi
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /home/pookiego/public_html/links2/cgi-bin/admin/build.cgi line 37

~ Charlene