Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

Admin.cgi shows Action Cancelled in 3 frames...Please Help!!!

Quote Reply
Admin.cgi shows Action Cancelled in 3 frames...Please Help!!!
Here is my URL http://www.jaspergifts.com/...inks/admin/admin.cgi

I have looked through every post in this forum and checked everthing I could think of for a whole day:
  1. Path to Perl
  2. links.cfg settings
  3. admin.cgi settings
  4. uploading in ASCII
  5. chmoed settings (although every time I go in to ws_ftp the settings change and must be reset???)

Please help soon somebody. Crazy

Last edited by:

Aaron Michael: Jan 20, 2003, 1:36 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Aaron Michael] Admin.cgi shows Action Cancelled in 3 frames...Please Help!!! In reply to
The settings do not change in WS_FTP, it just seems that way.

See my page on setting file/directory permissions using WS_FTP LE (or Pro in classic mode) here - it includes screenshots.

If you still have problems after you've checked the file permissions, ask again here and we can check the other possibilities.
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Admin.cgi shows Action Cancelled in 3 frames...Please Help!!! In reply to
Thanks wysardry for your help. It is much appreciated. I didn't know that little quirk of WS_FTP. I went in and checked all permissions again and still it doesn't want to work. I hope you can help me troubleshoot. Thanks ahead...
Quote Reply
Re: [Aaron Michael] Admin.cgi shows Action Cancelled in 3 frames...Please Help!!! In reply to
I made a typo Blush http://www/jaspergifts.... sometimes it is so obvious it hurts....why couldn't I see that before a whole day went by???? Thanks for your help and hope that you will still help me for the next problem...
Quote Reply
It's a common misconception, which is why I point it out on my page. At least you know how it works now.

Debugging Perl scripts online is mostly a process of elimination, and it can be frustrating for new users. Once you've done this a few times, it'll become second nature.

One time-saving feature of WS_FTP that you can use is the auto transfer mode so that you don't have to upload ASCII and Binary mode files separately.

Basically, you tell the program which file extensions are used for ASCII mode files, and it will then switch modes automatically when uploading. Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [wysardry] Admin.cgi shows Action Cancelled in 3 frames...Please Help!!! In reply to
Which files are used for Ascii and where and how in the ws_ftp interface do you tell it how to distinguish in automode?
Quote Reply
I didn't realize that the words "auto transfer mode" were clickable. I checked this section of your website and have another question. According to your list of files, it appears like all file types should be transferred in Ascii? Are any supposed to be transferred in Binary?
Quote Reply
I can't remember offhand what the README file recommends, but usually all text based files are uploaded in ASCII mode, and all multimedia, archive and executable files are uploaded in Binary mode.

I think you'll find that only the "powered by" image needs to be uploaded in Binary mode for this particular script, but when you come to install other scripts with more file types, the auto transfer mode feature will be a lot more useful.