Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

A Couple of problems...

Quote Reply
A Couple of problems...
I have two problems that I can't seem to figure out...

I am using the templates for the html files. I cannot access the index.htm file for some reason. I get the dreaded Forbidden message. The paths in links.cfg are correct, I am able to access html files in my cgi bin from the web, and I think I have the permissions set correctly. I have tried it a million different ways, but I can't figure out why it isn't working.

Also, I can add a link, with no errors, but it doesn't show up in the database, and I get the following error...
Error Message: Error building! Links database is 0 bytes!

If someone could please help me before I tear all my hair out, I would appreciate it. If more info is needed to troubleshoot my problems, let me know and I will send via email to whoever is willing to help me... Thanks alot!

Quote Reply
Re: A Couple of problems... In reply to
Have you created a category and added a link to your database? You have to rebuild the database after you have added a category or link after that.
Quote Reply
OK, I solved the index.html problems and all my other little ones, I think... Everything seems to be working, except...

I added all my categories fine. I can add links through the admin screen. When I add a link from the website (not admin, doing anything in admin works fine), I add a link, get no errors, but the link is not put in the database. I build after the link is added, to no avail.... Can't find the link I added anywhere. What could the problem be?

[This message has been edited by Darkholme (edited August 02, 1999).]
Quote Reply
You did validate the link, right ?

------------------
Craig Antill
10 Tenths Motorsport (1.1) - www.Ten-Tenths.com/links/
THE Directory (2.0b3) - www.gardenbuildings.com/
Quote Reply
Sheesh, I should probably stop being such a bonehead and read the directions! Thanks for the quick response, that was exactly what was wrong Wink...
If I have any more problems, I'll let you know.
**Smacks his palm into his forehead and mumbles something about being stupid**