Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

bulk addition of links

Quote Reply
bulk addition of links
Greetings,

I'm moving 200 or so links from a different very simple system over to Links2 - is there some way I can add them all at once? Adding each of the 200 individually is taking me forever!

many thanks in advance,

Kristen.
Quote Reply
Re: [13thhour] bulk addition of links In reply to
Depends upon how much you know and in what format you have the links. If you have them in a database format, you can just save that file as validate.db. You can then validate them from admin or you can save them as links.db and directly build it.

CAUTION: Even if you miss one field somewhere, your entire database will be screwed up. This will work well only if you have the format ready.
Quote Reply
Re: [13thhour] bulk addition of links In reply to
There is a mod in the resources section (BulkLoad I believe). This should let you add new links in bulk.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [A.J.] bulk addition of links In reply to
Thanks - that did the trick.

I also have another different question which I'm going to post here as when I attempt to start a new thread the text box is all messed up with the font/style images in a jumble over the top.. odd that.

Anyway my problem is on my what's <a href="http://13th-hour.net/logoflinks/New/">new</a> page. Some links have the category listed next to the title, and some simply don't. Why the discrepancy? How can I set it to always have the category listed next to the new link?