Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Ugh..error Unknown Tag: if

Quote Reply
Ugh..error Unknown Tag: if
Ok, I get this here and there in my templates. Most recently is in rate.html When you go to rate the site I get:

Please rate this resource Unkown Tag: if URL SiteNAme between one and ten, with ten being tops.

I see in the template there is a tag <%if URL%> and another <%ifnot URL%> any ideas??

-Gina

Quote Reply
Re: Ugh..error Unknown Tag: if In reply to
If you have not installed the nested if's mod from the resource center, then that <%if URL%> must be on a line by itself and the <%ifnot URL%> won't work at all.

By the way, those tags are not in the default rate.html file. Did you add them? The <%if URL%> should work just fine though.

Also, I note the SiteName coming up as part of the tag (based on what you posted). That is a different tag all by itself and should be <%Title%> in the template file.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited August 26, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Ugh..error Unknown Tag: if In reply to
I am using the resource index templates and yes I installed the nested ifs and I am still getting the errors. I finally deleted it and am hoping for the best. I really need this up and running. And the sitename I referenced was the name I typed in as the title for that listing thats all.

-Gina