Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Spanning pages on New.html

Quote Reply
Spanning pages on New.html
Yes I have searched, and yes I found all the posts regarding spanning various pages like cool.html. I took the time to read every single post in that one huge thread, but it doesn't discuss how to span the New links page, only the Cool pages. There is no explanation of what to change specifically for the new links pages.

I also found a post by Eliot telling someone to apply the Cool pages span code to the New.html, so I tried that to no avail. Tried different variations in the code, replacing certain parts, changing variable name, all to no avail.

Has anyone successfully spanned the new link pages? Some days, 80 links or so will be added to the database and to have them show up on one page takes a couple decades to load. So I would appreciate any help someone who has done this might add.

Quote Reply
Re: Spanning pages on New.html In reply to
So I guess by the lack of a response, nobody has figured this out yet, or I am dumbass overlooking the obvious.

I did find the one big thread that hints on spanning the new pages but only gives extensive codes for the Cool pages span mod. I tried to apply those codes to the New subroutine in nph-build.cgi, but they just don't work. The New link pages just have some way different coding on them and this hack is way more extensive that the Cool pages one.

Nobody has figured this out yet, in like the last 2 years, now to do this for the New pages?!!

Quote Reply
I've spanned the what's new pages but it was whilst carrying out paid customisation work so I'm not willing to post anything on it.

It can be done it just takes alittle thought...

Glenn

Links 2 Mods Site:
http://cgi-resource.co.uk/pages/links2mods.shtml
Quote Reply
Ok so there really hasn't be anything posted on here about it then, I am not crazy.

Thanks glennu for at least telling me that much.

Quote Reply
Hi!

I'd be interested in spanning the COOL page... where did you find the mod?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
in this forum...

Regards,

Eliot Lee