Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Mylinks.cgi

Quote Reply
Mylinks.cgi
Hi there everyone. I have managed to get Mylinks working like a dream except for one little problem. When i add a Bookmark the myadd.html page will display a link as popular or new even if it is not. But the problem does not happen on the main links.cgi page where the correct new or popular text is displayed. The errors only happen on the delete and add pages. What could be wrong??????

Quote Reply
Re: Mylinks.cgi In reply to
I don't know about your version of MyLinks (I've been running an older version), but in my my_add.html and my_delete.html, the link template is hard coded (doesn't use my_link.html). I would suggest looking around there.

--Drew
Quote Reply
I;m not sure quite what you mean, Could you explain.

Quote Reply
Anyuk,

I am not sure about your problem but I a have a suggestion. Make sure your my_add.html has the tags in the following way

<%endif%>
<%if isNew%>
<%endif%>
<%if isPopular%>
<%endif%>

also check on my_delete.html

Regards,

Pagla

Quote Reply
andyuk,

Did you get this fixed. I did not know that problem existed until someone pointed it out to me. It was doing the same thing on my site. I added some codes to the mylinks.cgi and site_html_templates and solved the problem.

Jimmy Crow
http://www.homewithgod.com/
Quote Reply
Yes i did thank you.

Quote Reply
Hello,

Where can I get a copy of this?

George

Quote Reply
Hez,

Unfortunately, this is another script that has been pulled (permanently?). I had been storing a copy of a modified version of MyLinks at my site but have voluntarily removed it pending approval of the author to distribute the mod again.

--Drew