Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Mailing..
I was just looking in Add.inc.php, and I saw that you use a function called mailto(). Is this a PHP function, or one that is included in your modules? I have found the PHP mail() function to be very unreliable, so I'm looking at other ways to send with PHP....

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Mailing.. In reply to
It's our own function defined in Links.inc.php. It's just a wrapper to PHP's mail(), but we do extra stuff because mail() doesn't set everything up properly and also some OS dependent changes.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Mailing.. In reply to
Ah cool...would you mind me nicking that code for my scripts? I'm not sure why the default PHP won't work on my server...but it seems to be fine on some servers, and not other Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Go ahead. Let me know if you run into any problems with it Smile

Adrian
Quote Reply
Ah..think I may have found the problem with my code. I was using "$Email", instead of just $Email...It seems that PHP does't likethings being in/out of quotes...otherwise it takes it completly differently Unsure

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
LOl..coming back to this, I can't actually find where the mailto function is. Could you tell me please?

Thank Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
You can't have looked very hard. It's at the bottom of Links.inc.php in the admin/Links/PHP folder.

I spent under 15 seconds looking and found it. Tongue

Last edited by:

Paul: Jun 26, 2002, 12:36 PM