Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

i'm not feeling zen

Quote Reply
i'm not feeling zen
after several multi-hour installation sessions (fully deleting files of prior uploads a quadruple checking ascii and permissions), i've given up.
here's the deal, the script works partially because the home page appears when i access the script using the cgi testing url suggested by my web host - the Grid. however, the additional pages off the home page - add, view, modify, etc. - don't open. i only see the text file of the script (db.cgi) when i click on the hypertext link for each of those pages.
could it be:
-the files i've downloaded were not opened in a text editor before uploading so my server can't read them?
-or could it be something else?
PLEASE HELP!
Quote Reply
Re: i'm not feeling zen In reply to
my dilemna has been solved. after consulting my web hosting service, i learned that i was using the wrong url for the directory dbman resides in. because of the special way cgi programs are set up by my seb host, i only needed to change the setting for $db_dir_url according to the special hostname for cgi programs established by my web hosting service.
i hope this info helps anyone with a similar problem, and THANKS to anyone who spent time on my question.